Saturday, April 2, 2011

on fun

The good news is that with Southern Thailand flooded and experiencing severe rains (still) all airports are closed, all rail lines are down, and all bus routes are cancelled, so I have nowhere to be but here where I am.  The bad news is that I've spent about 32 of the last 36 hours in and out of fever dreams punctuated with flying trips to the toilet.
I did make it to a druggist yesterday--"Bad, bad diarrhea" was not enough, I had to give an exact number of times, and when I did, all help was off and I had to walk to the next strip mall, where "Many, many times" was enough to get carbon pills, antibiotics, and oral rehydration salts.
So now the goal is to get to the south intact and hope the flooding delays summer school long enough for the docs down there to get a plug in my system.  Whee.

No comments:

Post a Comment