Monday, September 12, 2011

On bathrooms

I'm not sure where I stand on this, metaphorically, but I'm very glad to be on the outside, physically. See, there aren't any doors on the Prattom boys' rooms, so you get a sometimes unfortunate view, especially since the urinals are on the facing wall.
The first few times I saw a lineup of boys hiking up their shorts to pee out one of the legs, I was thinking, 'so THATs what you do when you don't have a fly...'
But then I realized that they do have flies.
And come to think of it, the songtau drivers who pee in the roadside bushes do so from the... Customary pose.
So one wonders. What happens between being ten and it being funny to pee out your shorts and being twelve and smearing the walls (not even writing, just smearing)?

Sent from Candid the iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment