Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 1

I'm on super extra double dog parole. Thai faces have been floating past my classroom and loitering outside. It's fun to think that people I don't know but have seen in the elevated distance know all about me--really, it helps give a relaxed, natural classroom vibe.
As for that, groups of 50 early adolescents are inherently very noisy, especially when excited. And boy are they.
There will be a hyperabundance of gargled saltwater, and even if that works, I'll be in the contrabass range by Thursday.
Fun to start out on my loudest, longest day: six back-to-back rounds of high schoolers followed by 50 minutes off and a bout of 6th graders.
The good news is that I've made it through and the lurking sihlouettes haven't had anything bad to say, yet, so here's hoping.
Wheee!

No comments:

Post a Comment