Monday, November 15, 2010

Le sigh, le whine, woe is woe.

What's nice about my schedule is that it's downhill from Wednesday: when I go home Tuesday, more than half my classes are behind me. But getting up the hill is the thing.
And of course, the two last classes on Thursday and Friday are the sort that flow as smoothly as a well-executed jump kick to the groin. But at least there's ample padding on either side.
The good news is that I'm almost ready to be literate. I've memorized most of the consonants and many of the vowels, and I've moved on to picking out letters on signs. None of which look like letters in the alphabet books, of course--stylizing script is an art form elevating the existing art form of writing the script itself--but there are occasional victories when I make people nervous while getting all excited about finding a letter: "Look, look, it's a D! D for Deg [little kid]! And a gnu, gnu for gnoo [worm]! No, look!"

No comments:

Post a Comment