Tuesday, August 24, 2010

more medical lessons

Today is new teeth day. What's funny is that I lost a tooth in a noodle, broke my partial on a papaya salad, and used a water faucet to prove my zygomatic arch biologically successful.
In 10th grade, Mr. Lingle explained that the zygomatic arch--the cheek bone--is designed to bridge muscles and nerves and protect them from being crushed, and absorb a more significant trauma before it can crush underlying, more critical physiology.
Well, that crushing thing is exactly what happened. I'm pretty sure--no X rays, just poking around as the swelling and scarring abates, but the arch is not so much archlike. Teeth are okay, though, and my sense of smell is coming back.
Now to get full motion back into my right shoulder....

No comments:

Post a Comment