Sunday, August 1, 2010

So sexy

I've been cringing about this for a while--the job, the bike, the house, all the lucky breaks: too much. Especially for me.

How's this setup:

Now that I can blow my nose again (which I didn't realize I couldn't until the pain and swelling subsided) I've got something odd going with the sinus that caught the faucet and a perennial bloody drip from that side. Which is the same side that's graced with the mezzaluna scab calcifying into cracked, black, nastiness, and is now accompanied by a cobweb of yellow-purple bruising down the arterial track.

Pretty, right? But not the whole package.

While eating lunch--what I would call pad thai noodles but here is called "Mee? Fried? With shrimp? And vegetables? Oh, thank you!"--I was finishing the noodles when I caught an odd chunk. Mind you, this is after the fresh roasted hazelnuts, fresh fried pea-peanut-butterbean-garbanzo-corn mix, and a fresh Asian pear, this is biting into noodles.
And I spit out a tooth.
One of the false incisors.
So at least it's not a big, bleeding hole, but a gap opening to a little metal anchorage.

Yeah, I feel sexy.

Definitely too sexy for the photos I need to take for my Thai non-immigrant worker visa.



No comments:

Post a Comment