Wednesday, September 15, 2010

But at least I didn't scream

Despite my fervent wishes for it to be wild hyperbole, the rumor of Thai dentists not using--i.e. having--Novocaine proved itself true Monday afternoon. But that one I was at least marginally prepared for. What I did not expect was the laugh-track comedy VCD, on which I was fascinated to hear the stereotypical *Ba dum dum* playing in the background and drawing the attention of the doc and his aide, at one point while there was a drill screaming inside my maw. I just about lost it when the aide lost my cheek as she started laughing and I got to choke on a mouthful of spit and drill detritus while she fumbled and got suction going again.
NOT a confidence-builder.
And then the dentist focused in and started drilling in earnest. I used to say that Novocaine doesn't really do much for me, and I believed it--I could still feel everything that was going on.
Boy oh boy how I wish I'd been right.
Still, to fill a cavity cost just over $10, so what do I expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment