Friday, September 10, 2010

More dental fun

So I was gnawing on a carrot. A big, crispy, sweet, fantastic carrot. And the little plastic tooth insert snapped in half.
I was rather surprised.
In fact, I was so surprised I swallowed the mouthful instead of spraying it over a market crowd packed in front of a lineup of deep-frying goodness.
I did not attempt to retrieve the plastic tooth insert.

"You first man I see swallow teeth!" said the dentist.
"It has been many years since I've been in for a checkup. Do I need cleaning, too?"
"You come in every six month for cleaning and filling."
"Yes, I know, but it has been a very long time since I've been in. Do I need cleaning or fillings?"
"I give you new teeth and two filling next Monday."
"No cleaning?"
"No. You need brush not so hard. Short strokes for receding gums. Otherwise you get filling to protect roots."

And that was what happened when, after five or so years, I went in for a checkup.

No comments:

Post a Comment