Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Perspective on HACCP

Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point: take the temperature of every cooler, every pot, every bowl, every low boy and reach in at least once per hour, record it, and if anything hits 40 degrees, the entire place is shutting down. End of story, capiche?
If you see a chicken breast, sanitize the cutting board. If you think about raw egg, go wash your hands.
Welcome to the commercial, corporate kitchen.

Which is probably the slippery part of the speedbump I can't seem to roll over.

I mentioned my eggy worries to my nutritional consultant.
"Okay, look. Statistically, you've got a 1 in 20,000 chance of finding an egg with salmonella. And here in Thailand, if something's not fresh, you can tell right away, right? If you're worried, keep your eggs in the fridge, but I've been drinking 6-12 eggs per day for fifteen, twenty years, and never had a problem with it. Just drink the eggs."

No comments:

Post a Comment