Sunday, September 26, 2010

The good part

The good thing is that I am living alone on the far side of the world and clinging to a hail mary of a career move, so falling apart or into the pit is simply not an option. At every point, at every moment is a choice, and I can either choose to laugh at the absurdity or cry at the tragedy. Either way, I will be forced to live with the consequences, so there is nothing to do but laugh, smile, ignore the depressing parts, and move forward optimistically.

Who cares that I have to move without having any idea where? Why worry about what will happen in another month? What will feeling bad about my accidents get me? How fortunate am I to have made it through without more significant damage, without an angry mob of locals out for farang blood/money?
Why even think about going home when I know it's just not an option right now?

How I choose to interpret the world around me will determine how the world interprets me, will shape the opportunities I am offered, so why would I be selfish and stupid enough to wallow in woe?

No comments:

Post a Comment