Friday, September 17, 2010

On adventure driving

I spent many years swearing by the therapeutic uses of Mario Kart and Cruisin' USA.
Somehow, the novelty of such games has worn off now that I live and commute in Nakhorn Sri Thammarat.
Granted, I'm on a hot little jobbie with a killer power to weight ratio and it can be a whole lot of fun zooming through traffic.
But every time I get on the bike, whether to get my late-running butt to campus, get eggs at the store, go out for a lark, limp to the doctor, drive a block or a couple hours, hell, before I even start the thing (how many times have I toppled after the kickstart kicks back?), the rest of the video game world is set to combat mode, and there is no reset or cheat code to change the settings.
So here's the question: next time I see Cruisin' USA, will I beat the sucker or run away screaming?

No comments:

Post a Comment