Sunday, September 26, 2010

Notable aspects of left-handedness

When I first arrived, before the body collapsed, I was all charged up about using my left hand.
My karmic author has a good sense of humor, no? Just like the nurse who hands me a pen to fill out a form.

Particular notables:
Cooking. Spatulas are cut at a right-handed angle. No getting the cast in dish water. And all cutting is done with a clever.
Ever wield a clever with the wrong hand?
At least they don't believe in sharpeners, right?

One word: bathroom.
I'll confess that I'm still not accustomed to the spray nozzle, and now it's not just a matter of the nozzle and the left hand, it's the contortions involved in getting it from a mount invariably on the wall on the right hand side.

Need I mention silverware? At least it's not a chopstick culture, right?
And the protruding thumb really helps with typing. And buttons.

The fun part is that the CastEze spray the doc gave me to help keep clean and dry--taclum powder, tea tree oil, and alcohol in a WD-40 style aerosol--gives me a chemical burn just shy of blistering. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment