Saturday, January 1, 2011

No Money, No Honey

It's interesting how many men in Bangkok wear this shirt without an apparent sense of irony as they strut along with an arm around a Bangkok Babe. In these more touristed areas, a great many of the interracial couples just make me sad: they're the worst sort of greed stepping in on what could be the best part of humanity.
It does give me an appreciation for living where I do. Somehow, it's nice to see a couple arguing over cleaning products, or to look at someone and think, "wow, that is true love because no way in hell could it be about looks."
I don't fault the ladies, really, especially after seeing the options available to many people in this area/culture. The guys strike me as pretty disgusting, especially as they exhibit no concern for the long-term wellbeing of their honeys. Such a relationship makes a farce of relationships in general and with farangs in particular. And as someone with more than enough complexes and hangups over the complexities, it makes me sad to see someone living a mockery of something so significant when I have utterly failed at it despite earnest attempts, and witnessed the fallout from so many vantages.

No comments:

Post a Comment