Monday, January 24, 2011

Welcome to Thailand

Last week, my boss outlined how I'd have to give EV 3 this week to get
grades in by Friday (of the utmost importance that it MUST be Friday),
then give EV 4 the week after next, and then have two weeks to teach
the final.
This morning, I was told classes will not be meeting on Thursday or
Friday. And a few sections will be in BKK this week. So no testing.
Stateside, this would be aneurism territory-how the hell am I supposed
to get all the grades in by Friday if I won't be seeing half the
classes?
In Thailand, it's easy-everyone is going to pass anyway, so turn in
new grades reflective of previous work, and instead of having to crank
through a big pile of grading on Thu and Fri, slip out of town early
to spend a long weekend on the beach.
The only trick will be beating back a dripping bout of feverish
headcold.

Sent from Speedy the ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment