Thursday, March 3, 2011

On cars and acculturation

A car and roadtrips were significant parts of my stateside life.  A car meant freedom and escape, the physical means of getting from wherever I was to wherever I wanted to be--physically or mentally.  And my new (used), dream car turned a year old without me, just after the rather major accident that did a goodly amount of internal damage.
Yeah, about that concept of "driving" and "roadtrip" getting sideswiped by a geriatric drunk or flying around a corner and into an unmarked elephant....

Lately, I've been dreaming about driving, about escape and freedom, the security of a home base and the liberty to orbit therefrom.
No, this is not building up to a decision to buy another bike.  (People who weren't around last term don't understand this.)

What's odd about my car dreams is that about half of them have me driving from the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment