Thursday, March 3, 2011

On TV

I have to make a plug for "Outsourced."
They had me with two of the protagonist's lines in the first episode:
"I'm out of a job back home, so it looks like you're stuck with me for a while"
And, on seeing Indian traffic, "It's like Frogger in real life!"
(I care almost enough to look up my blog posts reflecting the same.)
And in more recent episodes, the absurdity of names and work ethics/motivation in Asia.

Plugging a network TV show feels about as contrary as sitting on a pinecone, but I would've said worse about a sweltering sweat-bath of a life on legs without enough spring to run.
Still, I won't deny the enjoyability and validation--it's a funny show, and it disarms a number of the difficult/intimidating/confusing/frustrating/existential aspects of living overseas.
In a sense, it offers a network-broadcast version of the disarming I attempt to do by writing.
And I enjoy the hell out of it.

So if you happen upon a broadcast, check it out.  It's quite a good time, at least from this side of the dateline.

No comments:

Post a Comment