Saturday, July 16, 2011

On... husbandry

The goal was to get to the municipality bird park.
Generally, I'd get a few blocks from the tourist zone, but not knowing where I'm going, how to get there, or any of the Thai phrases past "I go to...." So I walked to the knot of mototaxi drivers and asked about the bird park.
Much discussion, circles and circles. Bird. Park. Bird. Park. Same same zoo.
Zoo?
Zoo.
Zoo in Songkla. 30 kilomet.
No, the Hat Yai zoo. Zoo with birds.
OH!
See, is flooding last year. Had big zoo. Crocodile. Many animal. Bird and bird and bird. But many flooding, and now no zoo.
Zoo in Songkla. 30 kilomet.
Oh. Right.

So I went walking, and I stumbled into a market with my camera out and charged. Enroute, I happened across a street parade of some sort.
So no brightly hued avians, but some typical Asian market scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment