Friday, August 12, 2011

And then....

Even after the time I've spent here, I still manage to be floored by some of the things I see.
Maybe I just need to say "mu" to all that Buddhist stuff. I thought I was nice and middle road, not attached to notions or expectations of other people, certainly inured from surprise at the bizarre sights. Yes, there's an elephant mooching customers from a guy selling deep fried chicken whatnots and my laundry lady is driving by on a scooter with her daughter who irons my boxers and cannot pass my class and what's notable in the scene is that I have a clear spot to walk home.

And then I walked into the men's room and there was a lady in janitorial galoshes and apron.
Even with the khatooeys, I'm not used to this. But this individual was too butch to be a guy.
She was cleaning the urinals.
With a shop vac.

uh

um

ok

No comments:

Post a Comment