Monday, August 22, 2011

communication

It's always interesting to compare what I'm saying, what I mean by it, and how it seems to be perceived.
To whit:
Me: I'll be going to the hospital for about a week. They wanted me for three, but I think I can get out in only one week.
Supervisor: Oh, that's good because tomorrow I have a seminar at the university.

Nurse: You lose weight, need try to eat more.
Me: If there was more to eat, I would. I am still hungry.
Nurse: yes but you need gain more weight. Try hard to eat more.
Me: Okay, but I need more food.
Nurse: Yes, more food.

Nurse: you are happy here?
Me: I find this place horrible and want nothing more than to leave.
Nurse: because you look so happy.
Me: It is a smile so I don't scream
Nurse: oh, smile, very good, very good!


Sent from Brutus the iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment